Through the Awana program, Mineral Baptist Church works together with parents to develop spiritually strong children and youth who faithfully follow Jesus Christ.
MBC offers four clubs:
- Puggles 2-3 year olds
- Cubbies for 4-year-old preschoolers (3-year-olds who are two years from entering kindergarten may also participate when a parent volunteers with the AWANA program)
- Sparks for Kindergarten through 2nd graders
- T&T for 3rd through 5th graders
In many circles, “puggle” is a common term for a baby platypus. In children's ministry circles, Awana Puggles is an enriching program for your pre-Cubbies kids (usually older 2- and younger 3-year-olds) that presents basic biblical concepts through teaching cards, activities, music and games.
The Awana club for preschoolers is built on two premises:
• Young children can and should receive spiritual training.
• Home is the primary place for spiritual training.
Our preschool program meets these needs through … FUN! … and lots of it!
Awana is fun with a purpose—to reach and train kids for Jesus Christ. Games, puppets, crafts, awards and other activities transform our preschool program into a lively weekly experience where fun and learning go hand in hand. Open to 3-year olds whose parent volunteers with the Awana program and all 4-year olds.
Fun Learning = Results
Sparks club meetings combine learning with fun to create an atmosphere of irresistible excitement for churched and unchurched kids alike. Club meetings are divided into three segments:
• Bible teaching, worship, award presentations and the gospel message
• Small group interaction and completion of Bible-based lessons
• Age-appropriate games on the Awana game circle
Along the way, Sparky, the friendly firefly, and his three friends have many exciting adventures. Sparky encourages kids to learn verses and complete assignments throughout the three handbooks.
The mission of the T&T Club is to answer questions about God and the Bible, guiding 3rd to 5th graders through this pivotal life stage to grow in the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ. This is achieved through a Biblically based curriculum that focuses on living out faith through a life of grace.